Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Millionaire Member

hnnbllctr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting how some (Stress on this) people see their "Social Standing" increase once they move to a Condo, I used to know a classmate in primary school like that. The classmate would insist on searching us when we left his condo in case we took something from his house, majority of my pals stayed in HDB so maybe he felt the need to do so seeing everyone else is of a lower social standing and would likely steal his previous ate facts?

I can see why people would feel elevated if compared a HDB to a Condo back in the 90's, the long corridor with one room bordering the corridor makes it really uncomfortable to sleep.

However the New HDBs these days are styled quite similar to Condo's (except facilities), and its not true that by staying a condo you automatically reside with a better class of people, you always have the boorish types or the show off who drive big cars and smug looks to put up with. Of course we are assuming you live in a normal HDB without your neighbor owing debts or someone peeing in the lift.

From experience the people who like to play this social standing card are typically middle / upper middle class peeps who have barely made it but feel the need to express to the world that that have "made it" and the smiles we have politely grin while we hear the stories of their accomplishments but yet how humble they really are.
LOL! Dude, you hit the nail right on the head!