Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does it make sense to leave Singapore for hometown in this scenario?
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dude, why be so hard on yourself here? Go back! You can live like a king back home!

Think about it: No stress. Good life. Pretty wife. Why choose a hard life that is full of competition with a total lack of acceptance here?

You claim to love this place, but actually you hate yourself for not obtaining what your 'friends' have achieved.

You must learn to accept, that you will lead a comfortable life of luxury. And it is within easy reach. All you have to do is to move back home. To your nice loving family.

There is absolutely no need to prove anything to anyone. Accept, and be yourself. Go home. That is where your life truly is!
Dear OP,

Trust me you are not the only "intelligent or smart" person from India in Singapore. Don't you know that there are SIA scholars who come to Singapore to study undergrad ? These are students who have easily gotten above 90% in their 12th class. You are suffering from the Indian mentality of comparing siblings/cousins/neighbours. After staying in Singapore for over 4 years, I have come to understand that this mentaility is prevalent even here. Seems very asian. All I can say is, one doesn't need to be a top student to earn handsomely. Work life is very different - your grades only help you land a job (when you are a fresh graduate) but after that it is the quality and contribution of work done that matters.

You are still young and there is nothing wrong to do an MBA. Unlike in India, where immediately after completing an Engineering degree students start preparing for IIM entrance to get a diploma in business admin (and hence they are relatively young [21 + 2 ~ 23 year]), it is a common practice in USA or other countries where students go for MBA only after gaining considerable work experience and this means they are mature students when they apply and get enrolled to MBA programmes.

Why does your wife and in-laws want to get divorce on such a trivial matter? They simply do not support or respect your decisions. There is nothing wrong about not telling about your plans of doing MBA before marriage. That is not something like a big medical condition that you had hidden. I would have expected your wife to support your decision since you both have been married for over an year or so. If 1 year is less and they are threatening about divorce, you seriously need to re-think about your future. Do you want a wife who will not support you? I am sure you will face many such situations in future where decisions will have to be made. I don't think you would want to come to forum to get suggestions everytime. And I am also sure you would not want to be always threatened about divorce each time you face such situations. You need more support from your wife.