Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does it make sense to leave Singapore for hometown in this scenario?
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Verified Member

Devjyoti is on a distinguished road

My wife & her family have told me in no uncertain terms that they will be considering divorce if I try to do this MBA from USA. I had applied to INSEAD in September 2014 and got rejected, I am reapplying for the January 2015 round & am unsure of my prospects, I also hope to try for the US B Schools, my wife absolutely refuses to be a placeholder for me in Singapore. My GMAT score in 680, how likely am I to get into a good B school with this score?

Before marriage I'd applied for the PR the third time, I'd told my wife this, but I hadn't mentioned that I'd applied twice before. My wife found out from my friend's wife that this was my third application, she and her parents are very annoyed with this information, they say I'm a Singapore obsessed freak & with so much wealth back home, the best thing for me would be to move back to India & try for job opportunities in my hometown.

I am unable to have any savings nowadays after marriage what with the EMI's & maintenance +wife's expenses.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Last edited by Devjyoti; 24-03-2014 at 03:08 AM.