Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Phd, DBa or MBA?
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Hi.

As I do not feel 'qualified' to comment in this forum on the good 'standing' of University, I shall limit my thoughts. [Quite a sensitive topic]

My 2 cents:
1) Attend the PhD/DBA evenings 'briefings' to gain further insights. [To develop your personal 'feel'/baseline.]
2) Classify them into different categories based on the widely accepted 'yardsticks', along side with your personal attributes+needs+ability.
3) Seek out information examples of withdrawals. [Making reference to the Doctorate courses, as well as the participants/candidates. Reflect on their impact and downstream implications.] [To get you started, some case study: Try searching for Brunel University/RMIT offerings in SG. You are entitled to form your own opinion.]

The commonly said theme is that we started off 'trying to change the world'. [For goodness sake - “It's a PhD not a Nobel Prize”.]

On the upside, I can share that I have met SOME truly amazing people who are captains in their industry, who ‘marches’ along the same lonesome path. [Frankly, they do not need the ‘Dr’. It’s purely self actualization for them.]

Lone Ranger.