Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Fina_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lets work it out shall we? Assuming he performed well (grade A for appraisal), and so gotten 5 months performance bonus. Include aws and the rest of the year, he should received 18 months worth of salary. 185k divide by 18 approximates a monthly salary of 10k.

You mentioned that his title is Senior Manager. As the title differs from agency to agency, I would extrapolate his title to be similar to that of an Assistant Director (in a Ministry) based on the number of years he'd worked (10 years). The typical pay for an AD in Ministry will be in the range of 6 - 9k. So yes, it is possible that your friend is drawing in close to 10k a month (exceptional performance through the years, coupled with the market adjustments in the previous years).

Whether NEA pays better than other agencies, I'm not so sure. Commonly known ones that pay better are DSTA, MAS, EDB, Spring, and IE Singapore etc. Usually those economic agencies or agencies under Mindef pay better as compared to the other agencies.
Hi, thank you very much for your help.

Haha, yes the stat board I am applying for is EDB and the HR there "prep" me salary is 6.5-7k range & total package is ~100k, so was very surprise when I heard NEA can pay almost double for a guy almost same age same level (I assume)

Hearing from you I have to conclude my NUS friend is either a super high performer or quite good at exaggerating.