Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Greetings to all,

Since i did not managed to score well for my polys, the option for studies would be either SIM - UOL or UniSim.
Wondering if any people have any advice with regards to whether which SIM - UOL course or a UniSim (full Time 4 yr) course would be better. With consideration to pay and career prospect.
I cant really decide which is better because currently, i am serving NS in a reservice camp and interact with alot of reservicemen. Some advices i heard is to finish a degree in a shorter time period (eg. SIM-UOL 2yr) and start working and getting a head start in work experience compared to studying for 4 yrs.
Any advices?

Thank You
A better option would be look for a full time job with your diploma first. Work for afew years before opting to contiune your education. This serves several advantages compared to the traditional route. Firstly, you would not be burden by study loams and tution fees, working a few years allows you to build a savings so as you would lighten the financial burden of higher education. Secondly, it allows you to find out which sectors you are motivated and interested to work in for the long term, this way you could gain an insight into the good and bad side of the industry/ job. Finally, together with number 2, you could have a proper understanding in your course of studies and how it relates back to your job experience.

These 3 reasons would allows you to benefit more in the long run than the traditional route. Not to mention gaining working experiences and relationships during your job.

Hope these helps you in your decision making.