Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I was the one who posted about giving up on NBS.

Thanks everyone for your inputs and advice!
But actually the main concern isn't in the school fee because I can easily take a bank loan. As for bursary and all other financial aids, I won't be really eligible because of family income. Belonged to the middle income, just that family hav debts that caused us to be in financial difficulties.
Moreover, my dad isn't in good health and there are concerns on what happen if my dad couldn't work at his current job anymore, which requires a healthy body. It's too big of a risk!

And I'm aware that the pay for dip and degree is very very different! But not that I'll stop with a dip, because I'll definitely be taking part time degree (UniSIM) and try to move on to MX scheme in the civil service
It is actually proven, that statistically, poorer people make poorer decisions. Its not their fault most of the time, but they just seem to choose short-term rewards over long-term rewards, although long-term rewards will obviously reap the most benefit.

So my advice? DON'T fall into that trap. I can see your future right now. You say you will study and work. But in the end, your studies will suffer , you will take like 6 years to grad from unisim. Your excuse? Oh, I had to work, I had to support my family, my dad, our debts. In the end, after a few years down the road. You will still be stuck with the same diploma job. You will still be without a degree. You will still be in debt. But here you have, a lifeline. TAKE IT, STUPID. I know the rest are just being nice, saying all these things. BUT TRUST ME, GO TO NTU, DONT BE STUPID. 3 years you study in NTU, trust me, within the next 2 year after grad, you would have hit 5k/mth. What more coming from NBS, this is like a definite thing. Within 4 years of graduating, you would have paid off your school fees, paid off whatever debts your family had as well. Your shitty diploma job will never bring you more than 3k/mth. Thats a fact, get it in your head. Within 6-7 years of graduating from NTU, you would probably be peaking at 10k/mth. Trust me, this is NBS, its like a normal thing.

You working now, will do nothing to alleviate your family's burgeoning debts. If you really need financial help, don't be shy and ashamed to go to Meet-the-people session and ask your MP for help. Trust me, financial help is the one easiest thing they like to do. Its like buying votes for themselves.