Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys,

Just want to have some opinion.
I actually got offered NTU Business and will be matriculating after my NS. But due to family financial issues, it's not wise for me to study for another 3 years and the opportunity cost of not able to earn an income to help my family.

So, I'm trying to source for the 2nd best alternatives even though it's a pity & regret to give up NTU offer...
I was actually thinking of joining stat board/ministry as executive or MSO with my
Diploma (business dip, GPA 3.85), while pursuing UniSIM degree as part-time.
And eventually, hoping to jump to MX scheme after getting a degree.

Just want to know, are the chances high of converting to MX after graduating from unisim? If not, is it easy to job hop and reapply to other stat board/ministries with the UniSIM degree?

Appreciates all advice or alternatives from everyone.

TIA!
Hi, I don't know how tight your finances are but just want to share my perspective to hopefully convince you not to give up your degree. I am also a NTU Business graduate and took a 90% bank loan while paying the other 10% by draining my edusave account. Needless to say I had no exchange program, no partys, no grad trip. I had to support myself and worked part time during holidays and off days at school and things got better after my 2nd year in uni because I managed to convince my internship boss to offer me a part time job paying $100 a day (which is a lot for a poor student back then!) and I had the chance to incorporate that experience into my resume.

Fast forward two years and now I have graduated and drawing $4xxx a month and paid off my school fees already. All these would not have been possible had I not enrolled into an undergraduate program. don't give ip your opportunity. think ahead.