Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grad Needs Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Verified Member

Intercontinental is on a distinguished road

How does "no annual leave" and "can take unlimited unpaid leave" work? Each time you decide to take a day off, your S$1,000 a month salary gets deducted S$45 (i.e. S$1,000 / 22 - I am assuming you work 22 days a month)? For the sake of your sanity I hope you are working a five day work week.

The way I see it - your boss is getting someone enthusiastic and eager for cheap. It's a good deal for him. After all, only someone who is enthusiastic and eager will work for what appears arguably to be a pittance.

What's your role supposed to be actually? Does management trainee mean over-glorified personal assistant since you are working for your boss directly? How many people are there in this organisation? Why isn't your boss willing to invest - and I use this word very loosely - in these other people and is considering someone else instead i.e. you. I can see why he's prepared to take in a new person if it is for cheap. To put it bluntly, is there anything special about you and not anyone else in the organisation which makes him want to supposedly groom you into a General Manager? Or does he tell the same thing to everyone else?

Are the employees all on the same scheme i.e. they are each paid around S$1,000? That makes you not special. Or if they are not and are paid anywhere from say S$2,000 and above, why is your boss being particularly stingy with this potential hire (especially one who is to be groomed as GM)?

I am afraid I haven't seen anything that makes me keen.

Last edited by Intercontinental; 07-03-2014 at 07:53 PM.