Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - In need of career advice (Fresh Grad)
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 PM

rustix is on a distinguished road
Default In need of career advice (Fresh Grad)

Hi guys, this is my first post and probably a very important one for me. I understand there are many established people in this forum and as such, have a lot of life experience to share with me.

I am currently in a dilemma in picking a career path for myself. First of all, allow me to introduce myself. I am an engineering student from NUS with a first class honours degree, have overseas experience and also internship experience in an oil and gas company.

I have trouble deciding in considering to enter the oil and gas industry as compared to signing on in the military as a local scholar. From what I have gathered is that the military offers a very competitive remuneration package and decent progression if performance is good. On the other hand, oil and gas companies also offers competitive packages in comparison to the private sector and also tons of exposure. Passion-wise, I would say I have about the same level of interests as they offer grounds that i can apply technical knowledge in.

What do you guys think? Should I take the plunge with the military or go for O&G?