Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Full-commission jobs vs levelled income
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Husky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joys View Post
Thanks for giving me some dierection.

Yup, i do have recurrent.. that's a source of passive income..

however i face the challenge of having to maintain that motivation to face rejection from prospects... in order to earn an income and keep current income..

also, at my age, i'm looking forward to something that my peers has..

that's career prospects and stablity... as well as a better social standing...

it's very disappointing that till now..

at gatherings...even when i didnt mention anything abt insurance...there will be pple telling me that they've bought insurance from ABC..etc..

afterall, I'm also a local U grad too...
Hahaha... can't be helped... people do tend to feel a bit apprehensive when they find out that you are an insurance agent.

Not sure about your industry, but some of my peers who have been doing sales for the last 4-5 years has moved on to marketing/managment positions and are now more or less office based. Is there a similar progression path for your industry?

You mentioned about some problems coping with rejection from potential clients. As I said in my earlier post, if you are looking for something with a comparable income to what you are currently getting, the best bet would be a job in sales but perhaps in another industry. The problem is... you probably know what I am going to say by now, the rejection issue will still apply.

Alternatively you might want to consider a career switch. Probably got to start from the bottom again and stuff. I understand exactly how you feel about that cos two years ago, I was also contemplating a career switch. If you have some savings, you should be able to cope with the initial phase where you will be getting a lower income by making some minor changes in your lifestyle?

It's not an easy decision to make. Take some time to weigh the pros and cons of the various options available to you.