Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious question on pro-rated leave and getting leave back in cash
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Hi Unregistered, I am not sure if you are the same person whom earlier made the remarks to "wake up". I am fully aware that the 13th month/AWS is not compulsory.

But there is more to this story than you realise.

It may be easy to say and tell others that "not happy just move on". but there could be extenuating circumstances that everybody face. Sometimes, when we quit, it is not by choice. We could have parents whom are in poor health. we might have siblings we need to put through school, some of us are the sole breadwinners of the entire family.

Because of this circumstances, I have become quite paranoid, I became obsessed with saving money and making sure I am full employed as much of the time as possible.

I did not want to quit, I loved my job, I actually want to stay, because I badly needed the salary. But I was forced into circumstances beyond my control.

I am not sure which "real world" you inhabit but in the world I inhabit, I need to fight for every right I can get because that mere few hundred dollars can make a lot of difference.
If that 150 dollar is that important to you, you wouldn't have quited your current job just because your new boss screamed at you. If it was that important you would have grabbed any job that came your way despite the pay instead of wanting to fight for a 500-1000 pay increment.