Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious question on pro-rated leave and getting leave back in cash
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Uhm, did you actually read my post? I did not say I wanted all 14 days of leaving.

Yes, you are right, as you've said, I am only entitled to 1 or 2 days + of leave this year - that is what I am saying and also clarifying, but my company HR says I am completely not entitled to any leave at all for this year, (except for what is carried over from last year), even though my last day is end of Feb.

I was asking that if I completed at least 1 month of work, I was wondering if there is pro-rated of leave for 1-month work, since I have been there for 2 years. I also did not say I resigned on 2nd Jan, it was 27th Jan, but my last day is 27th Feb.

According to my labour union rep, for example, 14 days of leave per year, so if you have completed at least 1 month of work, (which in my case, I did), my union rep says I should be okay to ask if I am entitled to:

(number of completed months of service/12) x annual leave entitlement

I calculated and it was 1.16 days.

My labour union rep has studied the MOM policy on this, and he checked on my salary and position with regards to Employment Act and he says I have a case but I checked with another friend whom is in HR department with a stat board, and he says I am not covered under Employment Act.

In any case, I decided to drop the whole thing.
Welcome to the REAL WORLD. You are finally waking up by dropping the whole issue.

Not happy just move on. Union / MOM cannot do and will not do anything. (Not even your 13th month / AWS is compulsory) contrary to popular belief.