Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineering vs Medicine
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2009, 01:24 AM

yings is on a distinguished road
Default Engineering vs Medicine

Hi!

I've just started my first semester in NUS Bioengineering, but have also gotten accepted into an MBBS course in Australia. So now I have to decide where I wanna go.

Thing is, I thought I'd hate engineering, having not taken A level Physics, but I'm finding Physics relatively manageable and am actually quite enjoying the engineering course, which makes me more bent on continuing my studies in Bioengineering.

That being said, and being practical, I would like to know what are the job prospects for Bioengineers, and if possible, their average starting pay. I have looked through the engineering threads and found that most of them only indicate the salaries of traditional engineering eg. mech, civil etc, and no bioengineering.

Oh and it also appears that engineering degrees are rather undervalued in Singapore, but I'm unsure as to whether that refers to all engineering degrees or only the "traditional" engineering type degrees.

Well, basically I would like more info on Bioengineering (for both fresh grads with basic degree as well as grads with Masters/PhD).

Thanks so much! (and I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong thread, this is my first post!)