Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 4 Job Offers which One will u Choose
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2014, 01:57 PM

torensic is on a distinguished road

No doubt about it aspenx, i don't deem these 4 offers as a valued proposition as far as my career prospects are concerned. However I guess I have to start somewhere... I tried to leverage on my experience which I had in banking and finance for 7.5 years. However, most companies were not willing to give me an opportunity for an interview. A few which did, would choose to recruit an experienced hire who is currently on the job, in the market

I left banking and finance industry since April 2010 and I embarked on the journey in private education as a freelance private tutor. Recently, I have decided to go back to the commercial sector and that could probably be the reason why these companies are only willing to offer that much (or meagre) in terms of wages

On Tuesday, I was actually ready to accept the offer as a headhunter (Option 2). However owing to a stroke of luck (or a lack of it thereof), the boss was away on an overseas trip when I made my way down... Gee, everything was held up as I wanted to discuss the possibility of participating in Option 1 (Online Education project, commitment of 3 months initially) with the Headhunting firm.... seems like I will only get to see the Headhunting firm next Monday

Good news is, after negotiating with the boss of Option 1 (Online Education), he is willing to reduce my commitment for the fliming to 1 month... I can choose to be involved in the fliming for either Primary or Secondary lectures

I went over to the SME financing firm on the same day on Tuesday to personally reject the offer... in the end, they counter-offered me with a new package... it is not very attractive but it is food for thought

The SME financing firm offered me a basic salary of $2000 + Commission for the first 3 months. And then going back to Full Commission (no basic) from the 4th month onwards. They are willing to offer me some warm leads to work on while at the same time, I have to source for some new businesses via cold leads.

With so many different permutations, I am in a further dilemma now (Headache man!)... i did try to send out more resumes since last Friday but to no avail as there is no news. Seems to me that my options are still limited to these 4 offers, with a marginally improved proposition from the SME Financing company