Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CPG Facilities Management
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Verified Member

Cron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
A little background info: I finished EEE from NTU (a few years back) and went straight into a main-contractor as a project engineer.

Your current title is definitely inflated and with your education, it's more than sufficient to get a junior role in a project firm. The industry is always looking for new hires (because the turnover rate is high and locals shun the jobs). I imagine that with all the tightening of employment laws etc, these SMEs may actually be more inclined local fresh grads.

I have not heard of the company that you work for but from what I know (maybe the info is a little dated), even the big players like Johnson Controls can't pay very well compared to project side firms.

It may be presumptuos of me but I'm guessing you are there right now due to not-so-good circumstances. On the bright side though, you can do better if you don't mind working (much) harder at project side. One thing you can tell your future employer is that the rate of learning at the FM company is too slow and your engineering graduate mind thirsts for more. Or something like that.

All the best.
Thanks for the advice. If you don't mind, may I know how are you doing now in your career (Position/years of experience/company) and may I know what's the salary like as well?