Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Good for you. I'm like you but instead of office politics, it was restructuring. I sold my condo and bought a 4 room hdb flat. Paid off all my loans too. I'm able to get $70k pa from my $1.2m stocks portfolio. My wife earns $90k pa. We sold our car and now my expenses is only $80k pa. We are coping well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in my 40s, I was doing well but due to office politics, I left. Ever since, I tried getting a job but was not successful. I then thought of driving a taxi but decided not to as it is simply unthinkiable for me as I am a very learned and experienced professional.

Since I am good at investing, I decided to invest full time. But to make this sustainable, I need a significant amount of capital. I discussed with my wife and she is supportive. So we sold our landed property and downgraded to a 3 bedroom condo. I was able to sell my landed property at a good profit and buy my condo, paying in full. I was also able to pay off all my other loans, and have $1m as a start up investment capital for me. I manage to get a decent amount of returns from my stocks investments, better than any fund manager in the world. I manage my portfolio actively full time.

Now my family income (together with my wife's salary) is about $170k pa while our expenses is $120k pa. I have no debt.