Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 4 Job Offers which One will u Choose
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 03:34 PM

torensic is on a distinguished road
Default 4 Job Offers which One will u Choose

Hi, I am recently offered 4 different opportunities from different sector and I am really at wit's end as to which option to take up. They all seem very interesting and challenging to me, and I believe I have the capability to do each and every job well. The respective hirers of these 3 comapnies seem very sincere in grooming me and have already tabled their offers.

The only catch is I am turning 36 this year and I have been self-employed for the past 2.5-3 years as a freelance full-time tutor. Previously, I have been paying my dues for 7.5 years in the banking and finance industry since i stepped out of school with a local engineering degree, up to priority banking financial services and corporate banking

The first is Online Education where I will be flimed and teaching sciences from P3 to Sec 4 in front a cam for 3 months and the remuneration I am getting is about 4.8K/month. Subsequently on the 4th month onwards, once product launched, I will not have any salary but I get a cut (small %) of its monthly sales revenue (i.e monthly subscription by sales volume)

The second is a boutique headhunting firm that offers a basic of $3K/mth + additional incentives. The portfolio I am handling will be to source client companies for contract/temp (6mth - 2years) assignments and then search, screen, vat candidates for placements in these respective contract/temp positions (mainly in HR/Finance) for these companies

The third is a consultancy firm for SME and Corporate financing. The only catch is No basic, full commission job. It's a hunter role where cold leads are provided and I am required to cold call clients. The company does not disburse any loans. They are representing different financial institutions to offer different types of financing solutions to companies. I get a cut of the fee charged to clients

The last is a Financial Svc Mgr with an Insurance agency (but not the top 4 insurance firm, AIA, Pru, GE, NTUC Income) . Must bring at least two agents on board. Overriding on my agents is slightly more than 50%

My interest is equally strong for these 4 firms, as I am primarily motivated to earn a potentially higher income. I have been self-employed (Pte tutor) for 3 years and my savings were entirely wiped out owing to business ventures/investments that went wrong from 2008 to 2013. I am as good as starting from scratch and I have loans to pay (flexible payment) but not a bankrupt. I intend to get married at the end of this year or the 1st Quarter of 2015. Hence I am in a dilemma and I really do not know which journey to embark on. I'm afraid of making the wrong decision again

I sincerely appreciate if fellow forummers can give and offer their suggestions, tips or advice as to which job will be more suitable with respect to my current situation, as I feel I can do well in these jobs and I am keen on these 4 sectors. However, these companies are not willing to let me handle 2-3 roles at one go, as they want my full commitment and focus