Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is not strange at all. Singapore is a good place to earn money and enjoy life WHILE YOU ARE WORKING. However, once you are retired and there is no active income and you depend passive income and savings for your retirement expenses, then it makes sense. Many in the west will retire somewhere cheaper within their big country when they retire. For us, it will be in our neighbouring countries.
Agree. I am looking to retire early in iskandar where I bought a semid with an equity loan thanks to my terrace in singapore having doubled in value over the last 3 years.
My expenses in Singapore is 10k a month largely due to my car needing 2.4k alone. I can retire in 6 years to jb when I am 45 years old and live with just 5k a month, half that of living in Singapore....if I want to retire here, have to work till 60s probably...
More people should do what I do . Retire in Malaysia or other cheaper countries with rental income from sg properties.
Malaysia was also recently voted the 3rd best place in the world to retire to.
I am the locum GP who posted earlier.
45 years old may be too young to retire so if I am bored, I can take the RTS to Woodlands to locum. Only prob is my kids education, they may need to travel daily to study here. Either that or they study in an international school right outside my gated and guarded estate.
The RTS should be up by 2019 and will really help me save as I can then buy a much cheaper malaysian car and travel to singapore by RTS.
I believe many are buying into iskandar because of this too so properties there will surely rise in value.