Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can be both, got adjustment increments and one off bonuses. Basically if you're at DSTA they will make sure your annual package is well above the mean of the industry. And you will also never be retrenched.

However there's a price to pay for that. Most of my friends complain for years that they don't learn anything substantial there and has no job satisfaction yet continue to stay there.

If you just want a stable comfortable life and can put up with bureaucracy and red tape this is a good place to be at.

1) Correct. MAC can take either of the forms.
Additional point being that "industry" also encompasses the environment internal to DSTA. Some people, for one reason or another, fall behind other comparable members within DSTA. So that is taken care of by MAC.

2) Not true. Perhaps your friends have not fought for their own progression and development. The fact that they continue to stay despite being unsatisfied may suggest that that is their nature.
Personally, I insisted on learning valuable technologies and that put me in good stead when I decided it was time for me to leave.

3) Maybe I was lucky - I did not experience bureaucracy and red tape. That also wasn't a general problem, by the way.
People who are interested in going to DSTA shouldn't consider this as a negative factor.