Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Am I underpaid as an IT professional?
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2013, 01:46 AM

Kryptonite is on a distinguished road
Default Am I underpaid as an IT professional?

I am working as an IT professional for the past 10 years and I have been with my current company for 9 years. My company is somewhat a govt-affiliated organisation. I am drawing about $3.6k per month and the bonus is the same as what a civil servant are getting.

I am not sure if I am underpaid due to my academic history. I was an ITE grad when I first join the organisation. Now I have degree from an Australia university which I graduated few years back. No pay revision was given by my HR(their rules). During these years, I got promoted twice and therefore there were some major increment. But my degree was not the factor that was considered for the promotion. My appraisal grade was mostly "A" during all these years.

Am I underpaid? If I am, what salary range I should be looking at?
I know that I should move on to another job to have a better pay increment. Just wondering if I should approach my HR and/or my boss for a pay revision. I keep having this thinking that it could be due to the fact that I went thru ITE>Private Diploma>Degree instead of Poly Diploma>Degree route.

Your advice is greatly appreciated