Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I see some big numbers here, not sure how accurate it is though.

Anyways ! reviving this dead thread -

Some bckground introduction: I am currently in my mid 20s, holding on to a AML job under my bank's grp compliance doing trade finance (sanctioned elements related,pre-approval of cross border transaction,etc) , transaction monitoring assessment for corporate client's acc and AML controls of payments pertaining to markets products(FXMM etc) and corporate client's management screening plus probably will pick up some "KYC-onboarding skills" and data mining via SQL along the way. Basically, "bao sua bao hai" doing everything.

This is my first job but I am severely underpaid. Was looking around and asking some recruiters and senior colleagues, I should be getting somewhere near mid low to mid 3s as a freshie. Unfortunately, I am being paid only in the high 2s. My first month into the job, i kept getting calls from various recruiters / other banks which i've applied long before, saying that they could pay better 15~20% more of what im drawing currently provided I am accepted. I didn't bulge becoz i see extra value in the things im doing/learning now compared to the stuffs I will be doing had i been accepted into those jobs.

Fortunately (or unfortunately?), my manager and other indirect line managers are aware of this issue, and my direct mgr said he would push for a review of my package subjected to HOD and HR approval as it is too much of a disparity compared to other staff in our team.
Other manager advise me to start jumping after gaining a full year of experience if the review fails i would probably get a measly 3~5% base increment. (if the review passes, my pay should be adjusted upwards by 20% which is the norm bracket).

I don't know if i'm stupid or what. If I were to jump, which would be in early 2015 i guess? almost 1-1.5yrs of exp, can i be looking somewhere around high 3s or low 4s with all these things that I'm doing now?
Sorry for the lengthy writeup