Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Can share what your net worth is?

My wife and I took one week leave to test out "retirement" lifestyle, and I cannot tahan already. Bored to tears and argue a lot. So we decided that better to work as long as we can even though financially we can retire now and live with yearly budget of $100k pa for as long as we need.

My wife and I joked that when retired, we will miss looking forward to the following:
1. Looking forward to retirement
2. Looking forward to taking leave for holidays
3. Monthly pay
4. Performance bonuses
5. Satisfaction of successful job assignments
6. Fridays (TGIF)
7. Public holidays
8. Taking the occasional half day leaves
9. Company paid overseas (business class) trips
10. Good colleagues
11. Job titles
12. Work allowances, and medical insurance coverage
13. ... the list just goes on..

With so many goodies when working, we do find it hard to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 50 and happily retired. My hard work in the corporate sector over the past 25 years has paid off. Instead of wasting my big salary and huge bonuses on gambling, women, etc, I invested in a global stocks portfolio. I have paid off my condo mortgage and car loan. Now I get a passive income of $80k pa. My wife, 40, is still working, earning $110k pa. Since we are debt free, we don't spend much, only $60k pa. We have also set aside an education fund for our two kids. I will also bequeath my multi-million dollar stocks portfolio to my kids when I die.

I spend my time managing my stocks portfolio, swimming in the condo pool and working out in the condo gym. I am now much more healthier, fitter, happier and has developed a six-pack abs. No more 16-hours work weeks, late nights and weekends working. My stress level and blood pressure have also gone down significantly. My advice to my younger ex-colleagues who are envious of my achievement is to work hard when they are still young, upgrade constantly (I have 2 Masters degrees) and don't gamble and womanize. Also learn to invest in stocks of good global companies.