Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Even with $500-800 allowance is still amazing, esp when technical research projects are considered part of "core works" for many IT officers?

The next best allowance besides overseas would be foreign languages at $150-$500 monthly. The rarer it is, the higher. But you need to acquire and maintain A level equivalent in proficiency for that language.

If it's true, also can understand better now. Although you may be putting in more hours due to the projects, you're already compensated with such allowances. Compared to another officer without such allowances, his boss can justify better for his higher CEP and performance.
The issue is at my current pay grade, most of the other officers are 1-2 appointments higher than me. So when it comes to ranking, it is extremely difficult to fight for a B grade even if I do a lot. And I tried v hard to fight for a higher appointment but my manager explicitly said it won't come so soon. So if everything remains the way it were, I would "hentakaki" at this pay grade for a very long time. That was why I was even willing to consider a switch to the stat board despite the pay cut