Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

How did asking to know what interviewers would ask (even specific ones) become cheating? Did the interviewers tell the interviewees not to divulge the questions to others? Did the interviewees sign any NDA (non disclosure agreement) with the interviewers? If none of the above occurs, then there is nothing wrong for prospective interviewees to ask and nothing wrong for past interviewees to share.

The line is drawn however if the prospective interviewee also asked how to answer the questions. Then they are not using their own thought process and knowledge in tackling the questions.

For my company, our questions to the interviewee (after the usual generic ones) are very technical in nature. They have to know their stuff otherwise their ignorance will be exposed easily. So in this case, if they did their homework and asked what questions will be asked, they would still need to do reading up, polishing up their knowledge and fundamentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the poster has said something worth thinking. Getting your way by cheating only shows how "good" you are. There is nothing wrong with asking generic tips for interview, but by asking what questions and what to expect for a specific interview is nothing short of cheating. It's like telling the world "Damn I want it badly but I'm afraid I'm not good enough to score, so those who know please tell me".

Really just shows how much caliber the person has isn't it?