Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2013, 09:52 AM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

I dont disagree with your analysis,but it is clear that there are unstated assumptions in both cases

TS never say his wife didnt work at all. maybe wife stopped working when child came ? TS also did not state what kind of hdb or investment condo. can be very small.

Having said that, i assume (and i also making assumption) u are referring to those "self made" millionaire cases where they have minimal savings, with maybe some education and then became where they are .

Well, the thing here is that in SG, i think many now have a leg up. Seriously, look around us, how many parents are splurging on kids education , gadgets , school tours and even buying a small overseas property (instead of renting) for their kids when they are overseas uni .

Having said all that, i think there r self made millionaires in SG. Not many, but meeting those can be a true inspiration to rest of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's say you 35 now. You probably worked 10 yrs. let's also say you earned $150k pa from the very first day you started work and saved every single cent. That would give you $1.5m

With that, you have a fully paid condo, a fully paid up car and a partially paid HDB. And some more got $450k savings.

Wonderful if true, if not true, very pitiful. Very pitiful because we can dream, but we don't share them openly especially when they are very unrealistic. Some people will find it funny and laugh at you but you will elicit a lot of sympathies and some condolences.