Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO - Executive (NS Relations & Engagement)
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you really want to try out HR, try working in pte sector first. I agree with the rest that the job description shown to u, will NOT be the job that you will be doing. If u r offered this job n accepted it, depending on where u are posted to, pls be prepared for extra stuffs that will b arrowed to u. Pros of this job is high pay n stability. Nt suitable for those ppl who wants to chiong or fresh grad. imo fresh grad shld see the world first b4 coming in...
Yea. I believe being arrowed is common regardless of where you work, however, it will be far worst in saf and those things might not value add to your resume. The idea of regulars being able to enter the dxo scheme with better remuneration and perks that are transferable from their regular scheme really put me off. Imagine having someone not knowing and without experience of the job scope coming in to become your boss just because he has been a regular last time. I too support the idea that fresh grad should seek to see the world and should not be too concerned over the salary, instead, pick up and learn something useful that will bring you far next time. Imagine being in dxo and after 10 years feeling that it is not right for you, or rather, you committed some minor offences and couldn't promote anymore...that sucks big time. There is a reason that they pay so high...