Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO - Executive (NS Relations & Engagement)
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are looking for 'values and skills' that can be transferable, please don't be stupid to go to SAF, dxo or uniformed it doesn't matter, SAF skills are neither transferable nor valuable. You enter SAF, you stay there for the rest of your life. Don't hope to get another job after that, SAF is so slack, hordes of NSF that do the job for you. You will get a culture shock if you change jobs and enter the real working world. That is if anyone is willing to hire you with SAF listed as experience. You'd be better off applying as a fresh grad than putting that in your resume.
Yea. That is sooooo true. I went for the interview just for the experience and it definitely surprised me because I nv expect the job scope, title, and whatever that came along to be so different. The only thing that entice applicants is the high starting salary I'll say. however, look closely at the contract and you will know that it is kinda similar from signing on i.e. you will charge marshal law and civilian law if you commit an offence. Be mindful.