Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO - Executive (NS Relations & Engagement)
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Lousy experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the actual job scope is totally different from what is posted on the Mindef website / classifieds.
Exactly! I thought I was the only person who experienced that.

Basically, they will only show you the actual job scope perhaps 10 min before the interview; you will be asked to do a written assessment that takes 1 hr and after that you will be shown the contract with the job scope and the salary package. This was the only interview that I had been shown the job scope after passing the interview instead of showing you the actual job scope before they commerce of the psychometric test. It is troublesome and time wasting in the sense that you will only discover the job scope is nowhere near what has been stated on the website and eventually rejecting the offer.

My experience; the contract shown to me was one with a different job title, job scope, and it was obvious that they added in some other 'extra job scope' at the last few lines with just a few words without clear descriptions. When I asked them the details of these additional job scope, I then realized that they were simply redundant and nth close to what you will expect. One can simply tell that the layout of the written job description is not professionally done; just like a piece of blank paper and they just simply dump in random work.

In my opinion, those who feel that they are unwilling to just forfeit this job opportunity after so much efforts would simply agree with the job scope. However, those who are looking for values and skills that could be transferred elsewhere in future careers would definitely reject. The interview is simple, just agree to the contract and highly likely you will be in.