Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually, I'm quite comfy with the amt I'm earnin... And am ok with havin 10k and over by retirement. I would say my current HOD made me real tired... Not providing me the recognition and being so unconditionally bias. But I reckon favouritism happens every where... But I hope I can compete on fair grd in the first place...

Thanks so much for the advice... It definitely clears those cloud on my head...
Nothing is ever really fair, especially when there's human factor involved. That's why it's better for those who wish to join the teaching profession to have the real passion for teaching, and not be too concerned over career progression nor monetary rewards. Its true while their starting salaries are one of the highest for non-uniform in the public sector, their progression usually stagnates pretty fast after 5 - 7 years.

But it is true that in general, even if you're not a good performer in the public sector, you'll still be able to rise to DD level if you're a graduate. It's just how long it'll take for you to reach that position only. Mind, there are loads of scholars who reached D level within 10 years, and yet farmers may not even reach AD level after 10 years. That's just how "fair" the system is.