Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not really. My colleagues who stay in condo are already intent to stay in government for the rest of their lives.

Paying instalments of 1.3k with a 4k salary only requires $400 top up in cash after using CPF. Public sector annual increase also about 4-5% on average quite stable, bonus 4-5 months and no major screw up eventually can retire at 10k salary.

The risk of being fired in government is relatively low definitely not financial suicide lah. A lot of young civil servants, esp teachers & jr officers / mid specs in uniform groups, are buying condos but I've never heard any of them going about boasting and acting as if having a condo is your ticket to high society. Most are just buying it as a form of retirement savings on top of CPF.

Good or bad decision I don't know, but just wanted to highlight that buying a condo is very common in the public sector among junior staff, those who think living in a condo is a sign of financial elitism had better wake up their idea.
dun talk rubbish plz. u jealous that others are buying condo and u cannot afford due to low pay thats why keep trying to downgrade others? try n work harder to upgrade ur hdb instead of insult others here