Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ocbc associate/fresh talent programme (ops & tech)
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2013, 09:58 AM

janlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think u still don't get it. the kind of regular bank work u will be doing don't need any degree or honours. u will know when u meet your colleagues. i believe diploma holders can apply, or used to be able to. because certain department turnover rate is high, or at certain peak times, the ideal situation is to send someone to handle the extra workload, preferably with experience and without incurring additional manpower costs. this is where the associate program rotation comes in.

in management program, u will be interacting with external clients and higher ups. ivy league degrees preferred, followed by good honours.

career path is different, salary and bonus packages are different, like those of regular employees.
So in a sense, this prog is just a fake dangling carrot to attract "talents"? To have a pool of willing ppl to squeeze more?

Sorry but I dont get ur last statement. Are u comparing MA to associates or associates to normal employees?