Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

You can babble until the cows come home, the universal fact is living in a condo is definitely of higher social status than living in a flat. Ask your MIL and she will definitely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who is the one looking down on others? Stay in a condo to be "somebody"? What warped and shallow values you have! I state again that I am not looking down on others. If people do well, good for them. If not, just live an honest and meaningful life. Success is not measured by how much you have, but what you do with what you have e.g. like maybe sharing some of your wealth with the less fortunate. I have been giving to various charities since i started working and hope to increase my contributions as the years go by, but that's just me, a nobody living in a flat. I'm sure there are many others out there doing the same to play a small role to help others. Kudos and let's continue to play our part.

In my opinion, a low income worker working honestly to raise and maintain his family is just as successful as the rich guy living in a condo. I just can't understand why people equate living in a condo to class and success. Like you pointed out yourself, I could have bought a condo but I choose not to, at least not at the moment! And even if I eventually buy a condo, I don't have to live in it just so that I have "class" and people can look up to me! You claim you earn more than me and my wife. Good for you, but like what you said, it is just what you claim. Btw, since I don't subscribe to your values, I don't see a need to sell my flat to "upgrade". I'll just be a nobody! Ok, please don't reply to me anymore. I have stated my points and have no wish to further engage in this discussion. To everyone out there, be grateful and glad that we were born in this beautiful land! Peace and happiness to all!