Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

As long as you stay in public housing, you're a nobody, no matter how much you claim you earn. I was 25 when I bought my first home, a condo. I got it at only $600k in 2006. Now it is valued at $1.4m. Even though I earn more than you and wife combined, I don't go around looking down at other people. The guy who is earning less than you but owns a fully paid condo is more successful than you as he lives in a condo, whereas you do not. No need to be so defensive, just sell your flat and use your cash to upgrade yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must be the one who posted the initial post. Sore loser? How do you know I have plenty of loan to clear? My flat is worth around $750k - $800k now (conservative estimate) and my outstanding is around $150k. I'm not clearing it as the interest rate is low and I can put my money to better use in my investments. My wife and myself have around $500k of investments in stocks and unit trusts and cash savings of around $150k. My car is worth around $200k and the outstanding loan is around $100k. So if I sell it off, I'll get back say $80k? In total, conservatively my family's net worth is more than $1m. I know this is not much and there are tons of people who have more. To those people, kudos! To the rest, let's work hard together to achieve a peaceful and stress-free retirement!

I'm not looking down on "you" but just wondering why "you" feels "you" have class and people look up to "you" just because "you" own a small condo in a "upper class" location. And btw, "you" and "your" wife are already 46 while me and my wife are 32 and 30 respectively. By the time we reach 46, we would have built up a substantial asset base in addition to the $1m we already have now. I take issue with your last 2 sentences. Dun you insult people who live in HDB flats, many of them are hard working folks who may actually be millionaires but they do not feel the need to put up with false pretences like buying condo or big cars. What's so low class about staying in a HDB. "You" ask me not to look down on people but "you" look down on 80% of Singaporeans. What an arrogant idiot!