Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Don't believe your post to be true, but if true, I must say I envy you. We only upgraded to a condo when we were 50. That was after we had saved enough (including our flat) money to pay for the condo in full.

Living in a condo (with full facilities) really transformed our life. Our quality of life have gone up. No need to fight over car park lots like in HDB, even for us with 2 cars. No need to pack to go out swimming, no crowds to squeeze with, tennis every week. BBQ and cosy parties to celebrate special occasions can be held at condo with comfort and privacy. Rain? No problem, we will just play squash or work out in the gym.

My regret is that I should have taken the courage to buy a condo earlier then I wouldn't have had to pay what I paid. Money can be earned, but one can never be young again. If we ever downgrade to HDB, it would not be because of money, but because we would no longer be able to enjoy the facilities. When I see my younger neighbors, I am happy for them. They and their children have a long time to enjoy condo living with the facilities and privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We sold our fully paid Queenstown HDB flat for $900k and then upgraded to a $1m condo in Upper Bukit Timah, paid in full. We finally got our dream condo, thanks to our HDB flat asset, which is our best investment ever. We now have no mortgage loan, only a $30k car loan. No other debt. Our household income is $100k pa combined. We have no maid. We are both 46 years old and have two secondary school children. They love swimming in the condo pool and they play tennis every weekend. Sometimes, we have family BBQs. We feel like living in a holiday resort hotel everyday. Our family social status has now been upgraded since we stayed in the Upper Bukit Timah condo. Friends, family, colleagues and bosses look up To you and give you lots of respect now. They say we now got class.