Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHelpneeded View Post
Hi, I need help with getting into the HR line. I am currently working as in the HR department in one of the MINDEF camps and have worked there roughly for around half a year. Currently, I am handling awards and other miscellaneous matters. However, I think I would not be able to progress and learn much here due to the slow pace in things progressing, thus I would like to switch to a new job doing HR instead.

Would really appreciate if any of the experts here would enlighten me on which HR route are the best to take and typically which or what kind of companies are the best to do HR in? FYI, I graduated just this year from a local uni with a degree in materials engineering, so I am basically starting with almost 0 HR knowledge. Thank you for any comments!
good job making the choice to leave MINDEF and pursue a career in HR. it's all uphill from here though and you would need to try and squeeze your way into a less glamorous HR job in a less glamorous company for now and work your way up from there considering you have nothing to offer on the table.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app