Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingle View Post
Wow! What a bunch of haters. I don't think that looking for an MNC job or an average salary is such a crime. So I don't have MNC experience? Duh!!! Thats why i was asking for suggestions in how to get a break into an MNC. Yes, I don't have L&D experience, so I never said that i'll only do L&D work at an MNC. And no i'm not looking for a job as an HR partner or VP. I am looking for an entry level position at an MNC.
I am open to all suggestions from well meaning forummers. Hovewer if you don't have anything positive to contribute like the two heroes above, do refrain from wasting bandwidth on this forum.
- bingle
I don't think resorting to knee jerk personal attacks and playing the persecution card on any comment that does not meet your prescribed positive world view will help you to get anywhere.

Some forumers might have been too direct, but I too agree in essense with what they are saying. After a long stint of being jobless and only a few months of proper admin experience in small companies, you really should concentrate more on focusing hard on the current job and acquiring some useful experience before thinking about hopping again with unrealistic expectations of doubling your salary in a MNC.

My gut sense is even if you can somehow get yourself into an entry generalist admin job in a MNC over the next few years, I doubt they will offer you anywhere close to your expectations, it is simply too high. 4k is usually a generalist assistant manager position that requires about 5 years of relevant experience.

The kind of career trajectory that you are positioning yourself is difficult even for fresh local uni grad with strong honours and CCA to pull off, much less coming from a position of weakness with a patchy employment record.