Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Importance of Education level between Private Sector and Public Sector
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshappy View Post
Hi,

Previously worked in stat board for 3yrs+.
Entry level Diploma, starting pay $1850, draw $2450 after 3yrs+.

Switched to Private Sector and be AM of a transportation company, drawing $2700, been in the job for half year and hope to work in Ministries.

However, notice that it is quite impossible for a Diploma qualified person to be under MX (Management Executive) scheme. Im in my last yr of study for a Degree(honors, UOL) and will be graduating in less than a year. Anybody know any Ministries or Stats Board that makes exceptional cases for Dip person to be under MX scheme?

Current working experience 4yrs, 24yrs old, drawing $2700, Dip (obtaining degree in less than 1yr).

Please advise!!!!
My advise to you will be to finish your degree first, before you apply to public sector again. It'll be easier to enter MX scheme with a degree (even if its not from the 3 local uni) than without. Btw, why do you want to work in a Ministry? Bearing in mind that even if you're hired under MX scheme, your career progression will be very slow simply because of your academic credentials.

I would guess that you're a lady from your nick. Are you perhaps married and thinking of starting a family?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app