Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Project Manager Path
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM

lordlad is on a distinguished road

it depends on different environment really...different companies and environment have different 'rules' and structure....

For me previously, as I am working for regional and hired directly by the Corporate HQ in Paris while he is from SG, this automatically puts me in a different tier than him (Note: I'm no FT, I'm a singaporean too). While the local staff had to report on time, and many more rules, i am on regional and those rules don't apply to me since technically, I am not 'hired' by the local office but rather the corporate HQ. For skills, it's not that difficult to tell whether the skillset a person possessed is 'fluff' or real....

Again, different companies have different structure. I suggest you to hang around 'power' or 'money' or the little things. Ultimately, your career goal should be to create value and reputation to yourself such that.....you don't have to hope you can find a job that can match your expectation....and the companies will come and find you and match your expectation. And yes, it is possible. I've been not looking for jobs since the past 3 jobs. It's job that found me. Because i concentrate on the right thing and not intangible things.

my 2 cents.