Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are about 12 million millionaires in the world today.
The world's population is about 7 billion today.
So actually, that is about 0.2%.
So you are in the top 0.2% of the world's population.
If your net worth is more than US$2m, you could even be in the top 0.1% !!!!!!
Thanks to our government and our system.

I was born into a relatively poor family. My parents were labourers and they know the value of education as they themselves could not afford to further their studies due to financial contraints during their time. I followed their advice and studied hard. I was one of the top students in my cohort for the major national exams. Eventually I graduated with flying colours from the top local U. I got good jobs in the private sector and was paid very well.

I did not splurge my pay and big bonuses as I knew the value of money from my parents. I drive a cheap asian car even though I could afford a 5 series. I am good at investing in stocks and properties and after 10 years of successful active investing, I now own 3 condos (all paid up) and a portfolio of high dividend stocks. I am one of the 157,000 millionaires in Singapore and one of the 12 million in the world. I think I am in the top 0.1% of the world's population as my personal net worth in total is about US$4m. If I had been born in other country, I dont think I will be this successful. I have achieved the Singapore dream. Yes, the government and our system made this possible. I thank the ruling government for making this a reality.

Now I can afford to semi retire at a young age of 47, doing part time consultancy work and enjoying more quality time with my family and exercise more at the gym and swimming pool. My passive income is more than sufficient for my family's needs. I have zero debt.