Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Join the MLM Travel Industry
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by field_99 View Post
My first encounter was 10 years ago just into my first job in a foreign bank. My NS buddy dabbled in this MLM company called Unicity.

Their office was in Ngee Ann City and my buddy pestered me to come down to some forum, he said I would get the opportunity to network with some of Singapore's high society members.

It was a joke. These guys were just going up stage one after another trying to impress the audience by doing lame things like showing photos of what cars they have (mainly BMW/Merc/low end Porsche), waving business class boarding passes claiming they travel around the world all the time and some idiot went up keep talking about his Rolex watch.

Even at that time as a newbie in the bank, I've seen enough successful and rich bankers/clients to know these morons were a bunch of frauds trying to smoke ignorant people with cheap tricks.
Typical. I attended a talk by Lampberger(?) MLM selling scented oil before and got the same nonsense from these agents.

MLM mainly target people at the lower end of the economical ladder, so they set out to impress based on what these people believe the rich are like. Most of their agents have never seen or interacted with the rich and have strange thinking that the rich always revolve their lives around BMWs, golf, villas and drinking coffee in Paris/Tokyo. Childish IMO.