Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Technology dorector in MNC bank
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

I like no.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radwik View Post
1. Do something you love. I have been lucky in this as I love as I love creating technology. There have only been a few days I have dreaded getting in to work. This is the most important as it reflects in every aspect of your work. The main reason why I havent considered moving to the finance side
2. Build a personal brand around you. can be your technical skills or functional domain knowledge or your management skills
3. Think of the firm as your own company. Do not do things you would not have done if it were your own money
4. Be open with your knowledge
5. You dont get promoted at the lower levels due to your skills. You get promoted because you have done something for the senior promotion decision maker.
6. Be nice to people on the outside. Be ruthless in evaluating performance on the inside. If necessary let people go but be very humane about it.
7. Dont play politics unless someone play it with you. If they do, go all out so that they will never try it with you again