Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Verified Member

Jeff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Jeff,

What's your household income and net worth now?
What's your retirement plans?

My household income and net worth is ample (to most people); I work at an investment bank. I know the next question will be - which bank, and what my salary is and all that, but I don't want to go down that route, because I just want to share my views on retirement and investment. Anything is enough, and nothing is enough, its just relative to whom.

Someone in this thread was lamenting that investment bankers do not add value, unlike engineers and teachers. I agree. Why is the free market paying so much to bankers and brokers, but not engineers and teachers? There must be something wrong...and there is. But that doesn't solve that person's issue. Because if engineers and teachers were paid like investment bankers, then that someone would still be not able to become an engineer or teacher.

I'm off tangent here.

My household income is ample. But this income will not last infinitely. I still have problems about maintaining my living standards.

My retirement plan...I'm still pondering what is needed to retire. 1997 taught me a lesson, and 2007 repeated a lesson. I don't want to take those classes again.

Last edited by Jeff; 15-09-2013 at 08:42 PM.