Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks man! Why "brave"? I thought it was the most rational decision I have made in my life. Is my financial profile lacking? Would you have done the same if you were in my situation? Btw, can share your income and net worth? Appreciate your comments.
I mentioned brave (in the positive sense of the word) because of the following:-
(1) Disengagement from the business world;
(2) Rebuilding of a new lifestyle;
(3) No more employment income;

The above are reflective of my own perspectives and may not coincide with the perspective of others. I find it difficult to let go of my engagement with colleagues and business associates as well as the forced discipline of having a career. Secondly, I haven't the faintest idea what I would do to meaningfully occupy my time and contribute if I were to retire. Lastly, the absence of a regular employment income would mean I have to think twice about my spending.

However, health is certainly a very important matter and if you really need to disengage because of that, it is a pretty rational decision. Money can't buy health, as the saying goes.

I wouldn't want to go into specific details on my income or networth if you don't mind. I stay in a landed property and own 2 other condos in D9 for investments. I have managed to sell off all of my overseas properties a few months ago and I am looking to deploy the cash when the appropriate opportunities present themselves. I also invest in a portfolio of bonds and equities and have some money in different managed funds (which haven't been performing). Lastly, I also invest in ST esoteric products for yield enhancements. My aim is to achieve a level of passive income where I can comfortably finance my retirement lifestyle with some leftover for capital accumulation.

I would like to enroll in a university course when I retire solely to learn something e.g. Philosophy or History, etc. I also see myself traveling extensively for trekking, diving, golfing, etc, health and energy level permitting.

The 2 main factors which I am working towards resolving are (1) my passive income and (2) disengagement from the business world. I know I will get there but I don't know when at this stage.

Once again, congrats on your choice. Staying healthy is very important and staying positive/happy is the other goal. Cheers!