Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

Default Undecided between finance and accounts jobs

Hi, a self introduction of me. I am still a student, currently with 4 A and 5 more modules to take next year, expected a first class honours in UOL. I am undecided which path should i go, although i am more interested in analyst role in IB or in banks. But i know it is hard to enter such job prospects as it is very competitive and usually the IVY league people will get such jobs. Hence, i am putting accounting job as a backup. May i know what's the difference between tax, advisory and audit in BIG 4 and are they willing to accept FCH from uol. For audit, i heard of people manage to get into big 4 through merits if they are FCH and connections if they are 2.1.

Will it be better if i went on to pursue my MSC in finance at LSE provided i got 5 A next year to get my straights A and hopefully UOL is willing to sponsored me to LSE to study MSC. It is expensive to study in there from what i heard especially without sponsorship. Another alternative is for me to work and get sponsored by company to go LSE to get my MSC. If that's the case, i would like to know which job or company will and has the capability to sponsor me for my master. I don't mind being bonded for a few years. Thanks for your help guys. I will appreciate it alot. =)

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app