Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Whatever fancy names PA/CDC choose to call their workers, these jobs are essentially event logistic officers.

How much OT you clock, how busy you are, how much you get abused by customers really depend on luck and there is no way to generalise.

It all depends on who you supporting, what sort of event you kana arrowed and what sort of customers you happen to be dealing with. It is hard to conclude X is better than Y. It's like asking whether call centre operator at Starhub or M1 better, it all depends on individual situation - cannot generalise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Constituency Manager is very "front-line", as you are usually the first person the grassroots will turn to, and also first point-of-contact for many grassroots events and activities... so you need to be a very people-person to enjoy it. Expect alot of fire-fighting as well... also, your office at the CC is usually very accessible, so expect your stakeholders to visit you very often lol (and make noises, complain, etc)

If I am not wrong, Assistant Manager in CDC is more back-end... your portfolio is quite similar to CM actually; you will still be involved in grassroots, community programmes and projects. However, grassroots will disturb you less, as if there are any issues, they will call their CM first lol

Think of the AM as a more high-class CM (do correct me if I am wrong on this comparison lol), though bear in mind CMs get shift allowance, while AM are office-hours and yet still expected to support events on weekends without additional allowance (off-in-lieu to compensate; but still irritating for those who dun like working on weekends).

I know some AMs who are very busy, and always kena weekend burn... so its not necessarily an easier job than CM

That is my limited understanding... do look out for others who can share more on this