Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Default effect dipecia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi there,

I would like to think my parents are just like you. But i think it really differs from parents to parents.. Both my parents are not working I give them 700 a month.

I have to say I really dont spend that much. Most of the money are used to finance my housing loan, insurance. But recently I told them I m intending to go for a overseas trip with my friends and my parents replied saying how do i get so much money to go for trips. If i have money for trips i should contribute more to the household instead..

On top of that, I have observed my parents at home once when i was on MC. They basically just watch tv, sleep and do minimal housework but they like to make me go out and buy things and do chores for them and scold me for not helping out for housework when i return home each day really tired from work.

Much as i think they might really need more money because they are not working. Their attitude makes me feel reluctant to do so. Not sure if anyone experience the same?
I experience the same, so I told my then BF that I wish to move out, rent a place of my own. we end up marrying and bought our 1st house.
This was 1 yr after I came out to work. I contribute 500 mthly