Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadb0y View Post
I have friends earning 3k plus minus ... And if you haven't mentioned, I would assume 3k as the benchmark. Well in this case 2+k just shows my friends are earning above average! Happy for them though .... But kinda disheartened to my future path eh!

Starting pay actually doesnt really matters much to me but i'm more concern with the progression instead.. Whether it's steep or gentle .. Averages is what I need ... Since I am considering a path other than Finance/Accounting field but instead education (lecturer) instead...

Any comments ?
Well, in my experience, local poly/uni will not hire a private degree grad as a lecturer. Unless you can secure a masters/phd in local uni, then there is a good chance for you to get into poly/uni as a lecturer. But with just a pte degree even with ACCA/SQP all that, you will not get in. Maybe you may be able to break into pte schools but even they will require something more than just a degree. Uni lecturer will require a reputable Phd, nothing less. Reputable being local or overseas Ivies.