Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Options for poorer non-elite students
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2009, 12:13 PM
phd wannabe

Smart. Well let me suggest to still open your eyes really big and be really good at what you do. I have a couple of friends who all began bosses after their divisions spun off from their bosses' companies. If it is a fairly decent company you are working in, inevitably you will find opportunities, new "greenfields". In a bid to reduce cost and focus on core values, parent companies may decide better viability to spin off certain divisions. Better than outsourcing services and non-core competencies to suppliers and vendors, why not to excellent employees who have a track record and understand their culture and processes?

It's happening all around me; my friends are in different industries; retail and services companies, MNCs and local firms etc.

There are always opportunities; don't be malicious and narrow minded. See people as smarter than you. Find ways to add value, instead of resorting to underhand methods. Simply unwise.

One last story, what if your boss thinks your idea is stupid and not viable? And you stand your ground and believe otherwise? Read up salesforce.com story of Marc Benioff. =)