Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The best way to divorce yourself from this bad reputation of the SIMs is to actually wipe the concept of SIM out of your mind and behave as if you are just a grad among thousands who wants to build your career.

This means no bitching about why SIMs are lower paid, no getting emo over when some people say unflattering things about SIM, no getting angry/jealous because the interviewer chose a local uni over you, no getting high over hearing some SIM make it big, no acting beng or sell your street smart credentials all the time.

Essentially the greatest enemey of the SIM is himself. The successful SIMs I find approach problems, challenges and setback one problem at a time without letting concepts of which university they come from get into the picture. Only the mediocre underperformer view every career juncture through the lens of which university they come from.

By getting defensive using childish antics like demanding statistical proof that SIMs are inferior or citing some distant relative / firend SIM who make it big to boost self-esteem just reinforces the prevailing sentiment that you have a confidence issue graduating from SIM.
fark off and dun try & talk big plz. i am proud of my school from sim and the fact i now make more $$$ than the elitist scholars.